school security doorsThe 6 best Classroom door security locks
School Lockdown Door Security Device Options: How to make classroom doors more secure and school doors safer.
- LOCK FUNCTION AND TYPE- We recommend: Classroom Security Function locks. Locks / Unlocks from inside by key or outside by key. (or electronic fob/credential if electrified) See lock function explanation
- CYLINDERICAL OR MORTISE-lock from the inside *additional deadlatch for added security
- MECHANICAL OR ELECTRONIC locks -either WORK with key, fob, and/or card credential!
- EXISTING DOORS AND FRAMES- steel, reinforced, frames and commercial grade doors and locks windows not to exceed 12″ with extra glazing film or protective grate.
- ENTRANCE DOORS- buzz in, card readers, cameras
- VESTIBULES- another layer of security-custom fabricated steel – two sets of doors creates A locked chamber that should direct visitors through the office with a buzz in.
- STEEL WINDOW WALLS added vision with bolistic protective film
- PANIC DEVICES with classroom security function locks & visual indicators
- DOOR POSITION SWITCHES-on all exterior school doors
- PANIC BUTTON installed in main office- sends 911 signal
- LOCKDOWN BUTTON installed in main office if you have networked access control can instantly lockdown entire building (if doors are closed!!)
- RETROFIT KITS AVAILABLE -convert classroom lock function to classroom security lock function (upgrade kits for Schlage ND and L Series classroom locks)
- LATCHGUARDS for added security
- VISUAL LOCK/UNLOCK INDICATORS
- EXTERIOR DOOR SENSORS
- KEY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM in place
01. Schlage ND75 lock
.02. Schlage L9071
03. sCHLAGE l9457
04. Schlage CO220 Stand alone electronic school security lock
.05. Schlage L9071 Lock
06. SCHLAGE AD 400 Networked Wireless classroom security Lock
The Numbers Don’t Lie
Locked classroom doors that were breached by shooters
Documented instances where predators have used barricades to lock students in a classroom
access control & school door electronics
What We Do Best
Door position switches
Security Management Systems
School key management systems
For securing an IT room door –Schlage Primus or Everest restricted and authorized user keys
Fire Door labeling and inspections
Custom Vestibule Hollow metal Steel Fabrication
School entrances and vestibules
Steel reinforced front entrances and vestibules
Custom Fabricated Steel Entry SystemsWe build from Architectural Specifications – custom school entry doorways, and front entrance systems for schools.
replace full glass doors
We remove old doors with full glass and replace, install new safer and more secure school entrance door systems.Old School door removal and replacement. Retrofit your school entrance and add a vestibule for an added layer of door security to your school entrance.
The main entrance of a school should be clearly marked and direct traffic through a secured vestibule that is visible from the main office where visitors are directed to walk through in order to gain entrance into the school. Perimeter doors should be limited, and locked at all times. Vestibules should be transparent for natural surveillance, and hollow metal window walls provide that surveillance and bolistic film can be added to the windows. Bullet proof glass can be added at a reception window for optimum protection.
This is an example of a good design I found, published by the Texas Association for School Administrators.
600 Bloor Ave., Flint, MI 48507
FBH Contract Sales
1080 Rosewood St. Suite A, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
FBH Contract Sales ,1080 Rosewood St. Suite A, Ann Arbor, MI 48104